ipf-eclipse announcement

boris.stanojevic

Dear IPF community,

due to increasing development activities in domain of OSGi/Eclipse environment we plan to move all our eclipse-dependent projects from current ipf trunk (http://gforge.openehealth.org/svn/ipf/trunk/ipf) to the new root location (“ipf-eclipse”) in the trunk (http://gforge.openehealth.org/svn/ipf/trunk/ipf-eclipse). This location is temporary until we have a new public Open eHealth project for it (Open eHEalth Integration Platform for Eclipse)

trunk

|->ipf
|->…
|->ipf-eclipse
                   |->manager
                |->runtime
                |->tooling

Ipf-eclipse is intended to be a set of development tools and supporting features to easily create, manage and monitor IPF-based applications. At the beginning, ipf-eclipse will contain three subprojects:

1.runtime -> the IPF runtime ()

2.tooling -> IPF project wizard and IPF launch configuration; better support for new IPF-based project creation in Eclipse and starting it on top of the Eclipse IPF runtime
3.manager -> the old “platform-manager” project (http://repo.openehealth.org/confluence/display/ipf/Platform+manager) from IPF trunk will be deprecated in favour of this project

One thing to note is that each of the “ipf-eclipse” projects will have independent release cycles and will provide a corresponding Eclipse update site for every new release. These steps will provide more consistency to the structure of the IPF projects and better isolation of the core IPF from its supporting features.

Best regards and enjoy the IPF,
Boris

Boris Stanojevic | R&D ProfessionalGate
InterComponentWare AG | Industriestraße 41 | 69190 Walldorf (Baden) | Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 6227 385 557 | Fax: +49 (0) 6227 385 491
[hidden email] |
www.icw.de| www.lifesensor.com

ICW und GE Healthcare starten strategische Partnerschaft. Anspruch
beider Unternehmen ist, weltweit anstehende Transformationsprozesse
in nationalen Gesundheitswesen mit flexiblen und interoperablen
IT-Lösungen zu unterstützen:
www.icw.de/presse