Upgrade to Camel 2.2

Martin Krasser-2
Hi IPF developers,

I just checked in an initial version of IPF running with Camel 2.2.0
(release candidate available under
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-007/).
Some issues came up, most of them are related to a newer version of CXF.
Here's a brief summary of findings and open issues:

For the following components I made a version change in the root pom.xml
(to use the same version as Camel 2.2 does):

- CXF 2.2.6 (was 2.2.2).
- Jetty 6.1.22 (was 6.1.16)
- slf4j 1.5.10 (was 1.5.8)

Jetty 6.1.22 has some changes in method signatures of StatisticsHandler.
This introduced compile errors in commons-test. A fix is already checked
in.

CXF caused several IHE tests to fail (added an @Ignore for the moment):
-
platform-camel/ihe/pixv3/iti46/src/test/groovy/org/openehealth/ipf/platform/camel/ihe/pixv3/iti46/TestIti46.groovy
-
platform-camel/ihe/xds/iti41/src/test/groovy/org/openehealth/ipf/platform/camel/ihe/xds/iti41/TestIti41.groovy
-
platform-camel/ihe/xds/iti41/src/test/groovy/org/openehealth/ipf/platform/camel/ihe/xds/iti41/TestIti41Secure.groovy
-
platform-camel/ihe/xds/iti43/src/test/groovy/org/openehealth/ipf/platform/camel/ihe/xds/iti43/TestIti43.groovy

CXF also caused platform-camel/lbs/cxf and tutorials/lbs tests to fail.
Reason was a missing dependency to cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty (test
scope). Not sure yet whether other LBS apps must add this dependency as
well, then the test scope should be removed.

I hope to find some time tomorrow for taking a closer look on these
issues. Any help from the test/component authors is highly welcome ;)

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Upgrade to Camel 2.2

Jеns Riеmschneidеɾ

Hi Martin,

I have updated the IHE tests to the new CXF version. As far as I can tell, there are no issues with MTOM attachments in the SOAP based IHE profiles.

I think the dependency cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty was originally resolved by camel-cxf and it is ok to keep it as a test-only dependency. It is only necessary if a CXF-based application is run with an embedded Jetty instance. This might not always be the case, e.g. if Tomcat is used.

Regards,
Jens

Martin Krasser <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

07.02.2010 18:38

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[Ipf-developer] Upgrade to Camel 2.2

[...]

InterComponentWare AG:
Vorstand: Peter Kirschbauer (Vors.), Jörg Stadler / Aufsichtsratsvors.: Prof. Dr. Christof Hettich
Firmensitz: 69190 Walldorf, Industriestraße 41 / AG Mannheim HRB 351761 / USt.-IdNr.: DE 198388516

Re: Upgrade to Camel 2.2

mrt1nz
Administrator
Thanks for looking into that, Jens! Also, the sun is shining again on Hudson :) Maybe the last thing we need before making a 2.1 release is to combine the xds-iti-* components into a single one.

Cheers,
Martin

Am 15.02.2010 16:59, schrieb [hidden email]

_______________________________________________ Ipf-developer mailing list [hidden email] http://gforge.openehealth.org/mailman/listinfo/ipf-developer